Post 11 random facts about yourself
Choose 11 deserving bloggers with under 200 followers and tag them in the post
Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked you and give 11 questions to the people you've tagged.
1. I never throw away a butter wrapper without carefully folding it first. You never know when the trash police are going to appear to inspect the contents of the trash can so I feel it's better to be safe than sorry.
2. I keep almost all my shoes in their original boxes.
3. I'm cooking shrimp for supper.
4. My favorite drink at Dunkin Donuts is a medium French Vanilla ice coffee.
5. For years I was unable to spell doughnuts properly because of Dunkin Donuts.6. I once set off a metal detector because my earrings were so large.
7. I'll be going through a metal detector tomorrow so I'll be choosing my earrings with care.
8. I should be packing instead of blogging.
When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? Did you still want to be that?
An astronaut, a cowboy, a librarian, a mother, a wife, and a cash register. I think (I hope) I meant cashier. I've only achieved one of those so far, but I'm holding onto hope that the astronaut thing will pan out for me.
If you could have dinner with any person from any time, fictional or non-fictional, who would it be and why?
Dick Van Dyke. He's certainly not the only person I would like to eat dinner with, but he's in the top 25. I wanted to marry him for the longest time. Actually, I wanted to marry Jimmy Stuart and Andy Griffith too. Clearly I have a thing for older men.
If you could visit any place where would it be?
Austria. I have wanted to go there for years!
Do you have any pets?
Back home I have a rabbit named Dale. Before Dale I had his brother, Bomber. His real name was (hold onto your hats because this is a mouthful) Lance Corporal Brigadier General Bomber, commonly known as LCBG Bomber or just Bomber. It's rather obvious that I spent a significant portion of my life naming that rabbit.
What was your favorite thing to play growing up?
Katie and I loved to play a game called The Texas Comedian. It involved Andrew hanging upside down from a tree while telling us jokes. Sometimes he'd take the show on the road and perform in the kitchen or livingroom. The jokes were nothing to write home about, but we loved it anyway.
What is one thing on your bucket list you're worried you'll never get to do?
See the world from outer space. See also: childhood wish to be an astronaut. I think God must not have wanted me to be an astronaut because He didn't make me any good at math and science. I hear that both those subjects are vital to space exploration.
How did you meet your husband/fiance? ( I just really love Sarah's answer to this question so I wanted to hear it again.) (<--- See, Christopher? I told you people in the blog world know about you!)
We met THROUGH THE INTERNET. When I was young I thought it was evil and potentially deadly to meet an internet person yet here I am, alive and married to one. Christopher and I met through Kelly’s Korner first Show Us Your Singles. Christopher’s sister Stephanie put him on the list and the rest, they say, is history. I wrote out the whole story in GREAT detail here and here if you care to read it.
What do you think about ACU purses? Look here for examples if you don't know what I am talking about.
I personally would not be likely to carry around an ACU purse, but I'm not totally against them. What I don't like is when a wife has her husband's rank on her ACU purse. I realize she is probably just proud of him, but she's not the one that earned the rank.
My questions for others-
1. Have you met any blog friends in real life?
2. What are your least favorite sounds?
3. Do you sew?
4. Where is the farthest from home you've ever been?
5. Do you speak other languages?
6. What was your favorite event in the Olympics?
7. Would you change your first name if you have the chance? What would you change it to?
8. Do you call any of your grandparents by a unique name?
9. What professional sport would you play?
10. Paper or plastic?
And the award goes to.........
Katherine- Real Food Runner Blog
Melissa- A Dozen Years Later
Lauren- Souls to Squeeze
Ashley- Sabers, Spurs, and a Pink Stetson