Monday, August 3, 2009

Because I'm Grown-up Now

I can get in the car and drive around town all by myself, because I’m grown-up now.

Katie and I can go to Friendly’s, just the two of us, because we’re grown-ups now.

I have my own debit card and can color in the circles on a voting ballot, because I’m grown-up now.

I fill out applications and hope for interviews, because I’m grown-up now.

I drive down to New Jersey and Pennsylvania with my brother because I’m grown-up now.

I can even get married or join the military without parental permission, because I’m grown-up now.

When someone says something to me about when I get married and have children, I know that might happen soon because I’m grown-up now.

When someone mistakenly thinks that I am my cousins aunt, I know its because they think I’m old enough to be an aunt, because I’m grown-up now.

I can feed the ducks, blow bubbles with the little plastic wands, play hop-scotch, roll down hills, sing silly songs, like stuffed animals, make sure all of my most prescious dolls are sitting neatly on the shelf in their best dresses, get excited over the first Spring flowers, and still jump when thunder crashes, because inside I’m still a kid.

4 comments:

Keri said...

Sweet post!

Anonymous said...

I'm curious to find out what blog system you'гe using?

І'm having some minor security issues with my latest website and I'd like to finԁ ѕomething
mοгe safeguаrded. Do yοu haνe any suggеstions?


Hеre iѕ my blog post; Dallas Seo

Anonymous said...

Visiting the food market can be a problem when trying to lose weight. You will end up lured at each convert and might acquire some food products that aren't valuable for weight-loss. Compose a list prior to going and set a purchasing time restriction. In the event you only have twenty minutes to buy, you won't waste time checking out food products which are not listed. [url=http://www.xxxw12woo.info]matgjmny[/url]

Anonymous said...

I constantly spent mу half an hour to read this ωeb sitе's articles or reviews every day along with a mug of coffee.

Here is my homepage make money buying and selling cars for profit