Friday, September 26, 2014

my green thumb turned black very quickly

This was my garden a few weeks ago. The tomatoes were out of control and smothering the peppers and basil. The marigolds never even had a chance. Even though it looks like a disaster zone, it was the most abundant garden I ever had. You don't know how many times I patted myself on the back this summer after making tomato sauce from tomatoes I grew. My gardening skilz were second to none. 
I bought this plant at Christmas time and have done absolutely nothing with it except occasionally water it and move it from the front porch to the back deck. I showed it to Annabelle the other day and told her that although the plant seemed dead, but it must still be alive because the berries were as vibrant as ever. (Science lesson of the day!) Plants flourish in my presence. 
 Then I picked up a branch to show her and low and behold, THE BERRIES ARE FAKE AND ATTACHED WITH WIRE.
That was the day I lost my Garden Club of America card.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Haha oh man!!! I am no good with gardening at all.

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Oh first please don't hate me but I totally got a laugh out of the "plant with the berries" that was priceless. But I'll admit I don't have much of a green thumb. I keep trying and have two plants around the house that have been doing really well and make me quite proud. Im itching to add more but I don't want to get in over my head and see them all fade away.

Allison said...

This is hysterical.

Barbara said...

I'm shocked! Are you sure they're fake? I thought something didn't seem right abourt that plant, but fake?

Barbara said...

I had to enlarge the picture to believe it...that's so funny!!!

Michelle said...

I am DYING over the berries. Dying. Sarah, we were meant to be best friends.

If it helps, my herb garden and flowers died this summer. But mainly because once I got pregnant I gave up on everything.

Michelle said...

Sarah! You are hilarious! But those berries do look very real! Haha. Your garden looked amazing. Good job!