Monday, August 6, 2018

she comes by her love of pedicures honestly

We had an unusually relaxing weekend. We didn't have much planned and everything fell together nicely which doesn't always happen around here. 

On Friday we had friends over for lunch then we all went to the pottery painting shop. Annabelle painted a mermaid statue that will no doubt collect dust under her vanity. When I attempt to relocate it (aka donate or throw it away) after three months of ignoring it she will say it's her favorite toy on earth and be devastated I considered getting rid of it. We've been down this path before.
As we were leaving the pottery place, my friend asked if we had evening plans. I said no so she volunteered to watch Sesame while we went on a date. Letmethinkaboutit YES PLEASE. She's been so kind to us since we moved here but giving up her own quiet Friday night to watch our chatterbox made me want to kiss her feet. 
She told me about a new restaurant and said the view was worth the drive. It did not disappoint. 
I loved the date but the highlight of the weekend for me was taking AB out for her first pedicure. I've painted her nails at home but she'd never been to a spa. She loved it. She giggled at the bubbling water and changing lights. She told the nail lady 16 times that she picked orange. She talked about everything in sight. She put her hands behind her head, leaned back and said, "I'm going to relax now."
I hate that she's growing up so fast but doing things like this together are so much fun!
We won't lose these bright little toes.

2 comments:

Laura Darling said...

That is SO NICE of your friend to offer to babysit for a date night! And that restaurant view is incredible!

So fun that you two girls can now enjoy the nail salon together!

rooth said...

That's the cutest pedi!