Sunday, September 13, 2020

it's been a paparazzi free week

I had the best of intentions to blog at the end of last week, but two dramatic events happened within one hour and I needed time to recover.

First, Annabelle found a frog stuck between the storm door and the screen in our back door. Lest you forgot, I DETEST FROGS WITH ALL MY BEING. I was hoping it would be gone when I got back from school drop off but it was not. I tried slamming the door to knock it off but all that happened was the frog moved its sticky, slimy leg and I nearly gagged. Finally, it jumped off and I screamed. It didn't come towards me but I screamed anyway. 

Second, I had an unfortunate doctor's appointment. I've seen that doctor several times and I have all but given up on trying to uphold many modesty issues when it comes to his role in my life. I knew the ultrasound tech would also be in the room but plot twist! He asked if it would be ok if his new assistant Bethany watched as well. She had never seen it done and needed it for her resume. Ideally, the fewer people seeing me in a compromised position the better but at that point, there were already two people so what's a third. Make some popcorn and bring in the whole office. I had a similar procedure done before and it's not an exaggeration to say it was HORRIBLE. Google told me the recent procedure would be less painful and the ultrasound lady and doctor both agreed. They were both wrong. It was also HORRIFIC. Bethany kept looking down at the situation then patting my arm and saying, "Try to relax." I appreciate her sympathy, but she wouldn't be saying that if she knew first hand the trauma of what was happening. The doctor nonchalantly asked about my summer in an effort to distract me. I love the doctor and am happy to talk to him any time, but I was not in the mood for a casual conversation. When it finally ended, I sat up and thought I was going to either throw up or pass out so I had to lay back down with a wet facecloth on my neck. I drove over to Dunkin Donuts and ordered three powdered munchkins to reward myself for surviving the morning. They misunderstood my order and gave me three full doughnuts instead of munchkins. It was proof that the Lord still shines upon me.

All that to say, I haven't had of the right frame of mind (or lower body) to blawg. But I'm back now with absolutely nothing of significance to say!

Annabelle went to a sign class at work with me. Usually she can't do the classes as they're almost all for16 and older, but every so often there's one kids can attend. She made a sign we're giving to her teacher for Christmas which makes me feel very prepared for the holidays. Bonus points that the sign was free thanks to my employee discount. Ses told me, "Mom, you can stand over there while I do it all. You don't need to help." Far be it from me, the personally literally paid to do the job, to give advice.

Yesterday we made our weekly pandemic trip to Home Depot. AB walked around with sunglasses on like she expected the paparazzi would chase her down in the pipe aisle.

The paparazzi did NOT chase me down when I slunk out of the doctor's office. 

1 comment:

rooth said...

Poor lady, I'm sorry the doctor's office was so awful. Thinking about you