Wednesday, August 26, 2015

brain dump

I forgot how much moving makes me want to organize and deep cleaning. The other day I organized and categorized all Annabelle's toys. Each category went in its own ziplock bag which went into the toy trunks. I all but color coded everything. I want to power wash the outside of the house. I want to deep clean my car. It's like all the nesting I never did when I was pregnant is making an appearance now.
*
When Joanna was here she taught AB the chorus to the Justin Bieber song Baby. Almost every day AB walks around the house saying, "Oh, baby. Oh, baby baby. Oh!" Joanna must have also shown her the music video because yesterday AB kept pointing to the computer saying, "Baby oh! Baby oh!" Against my better judgment I caved and we watched it. I had never listened to the lyrics closely and one line in particular stood out. "My first love, broke my heart for the first time." The kid looks like he's all of five years old. What first love could he possibly be saying broke his heart? Did his mom take away his pacifier? Did he find out the Tooth Fairy is imaginary? Not much else would break your heart when you're that young.
*

We've turned into quite the playground goers this summer. We spend our weeks hopping from playground to playground like the wild girls that we are.
*
Today we went to the medical records office to fill out a couple forms. A woman from the office called me a few hours later to confirm something. She totally threw me off when she said her name is Mona. This morning I was watching the Friends episode where Ross dates a girl named Mona. Now Mona was on the phone with me. Sometimes the line between reality and fiction gets a little blurred.
*
LOOK WHO HAD HER FIRST PONYTAIL. She has a little section of hair in the back of her head just long enough for a ponytail. The rest of it is too short or curls out on the sides. I thought Bald Baby was precious but I'm loving her new hair. In about three years we'll be battling the cowlick smack dab above her forehead so I'm enjoying these easy hair times. 

I think to celebrate this momentous day by eating a Klondike bar while I order more bows. It seems like the best thing to do. 

4 comments:

Emily said...

Dying over that tiny ponytail!

Jen said...

I can't get over how cute her ponytail is, love it!

Kara said...

Make fun of it all you want, but that is a great song to karaoke to, especially when there are like 6 women who all may have been drinking. And your in Japan where you have your own individual karaoke rooms and drinks are included.

Laura Darling said...

That ponytail could not be more precious.