Monday, August 24, 2009

In Which I Give Unsolicited Product Reviews

Our Internet Router

Lately I have been extremely unimpressed with our router. It refused to cooperate for almost a week and still has lingering bits of rebellion in it. I am counting my blessings however as it is working at the moment(the key word which explains why I gave it two hearts).
Review rating ♥♥

Horton Hears a Who



This is absolutely one of the very best "childrens" movies out there right now. I love it. I especially love it when the movie theater plays it for free. :) Its stays close to the book(unlike other Dr Seuss movies out right now)and I think Dr Seuss himself would approve. Horton is so very cute and the hats he can make with his ears are so creative! Even if you don't have children, I suggest that you get yourself a nice big bowl of ice cream and watch it with your favorite person.
Review rating ♥♥♥♥♥

Wet Seal necklaceWhen I was at the Dollar Store last week I found this really cute necklace,in multiple colors, for(you guessed it) $1 each. Upon further investigation(which wasn't very hard considering all I had to do was turn the tag over)I discovered that these necklaces were selling at Wet Seal for $10.50! So I bought four; three I gave to my friend for her birthday and I kept the other. Considering that I payed $4 for four necklaces that would usually cost $42, I think I did pretty well! :)
Review rating ♥♥♥♥

Starbucks Ice Coffee

I know I'm stepping out onto some pretty rocky ground here, but I have to say that I had my very first Starbucks coffee this week and it wasn't very good. At all. I've always thought Starbucks is way overpriced and all you're really buying is the name brand, but as it was the only coffee option at the moment I bought one anyways. I realize that maybe it wasn't so great because I bought it from the art museum cafeteria so I basically "made" it my unStarbucks-professional myself, but it really wasn't worth the $2.83. However, if you'd like to take me out to Starbucks someday and buy me something really tasty then feel free. :)
Review rating: ♥(it really should be half a heart but I can't make those.)


Beverly Lewis books


Because I've always thought the Amish and their lifestyle interesting, Beverly Lewis' books have really caught my attention. I finally started reading them this summer and they are
so much better then I imagined. I'm only going through the second series now, but in almost every book she adds twists that have been so far beyond what I expected to happen. At first I did wonder how she could write so many books because I thought 'how could she have that many Amish story lines'? But after reading them, it made me see so clearly that although they may seem to be so calm and (for lack of a better phrase)"cookie-cutter" from the outside, their lives can be just as changeable and emotional as ours. I don't mean to sound at all like I thought they weren't human, but its so neat for me to see their lives in a different way.
Review rating ♥♥♥♥♥

Disclaimer: I am not getting payed to endorse any of these companies. Hopefully I will not be getting sued by any either.

No comments: