Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It was a great trip until I went insane

I have spent so many hours sitting in various trains over the last few months as I travel from here to the land of the Yankees {they get way too much publicity on this blog} and my new house that this view out a train window is now very common:
This is another view I saw various times throughout my last trip to visit Christopher:
We have discovered that when cooking anything, even something as small as toasting one little tortilla, it is VERY IMPORTANT to turn on the fan above the stove or the smoke detector will go off and you will have to open the door and windows to air out the house. Notice the significant amount of snow out there and think for a moment about the significant amount of cold air that would blow into the house every time we had to open the windows. Needless to say, it didn't take us too long to learn the moral of the use the fan story.   

The flowers Christopher got me were a very wonderful view.

The first thing on our walls was the wall vinyl I got from CSN a few months ago. I put in above the front door and spent approximately 8 too many minutes sticking, unsticking, and sticking it before deciding it was straight, only to look at it again with my head tipped to the side and decide that maybe it wasn't straight after all. I can foresee that pattern repeating every single time we put something up on our walls throughout our entire marriage. I will just be a joy to decorate with.



On the train ride home I read my book, looked out the window, and entertained thoughts of throwing paper balls and pens over the back of my seat at the guy who did not stop talking for over 4 hours straight. He told about how he did a radio commercial with Robin Williams on 1994, meet Steve Carrell,was in a movie with so-and-so and "you can see me for the first 15 minutes of the movie! Well, I mean, like, in the first 15 minutes there's a close -up of me. I think  it's around minute 3 or something. And I'm a film writer and I use dummies to film scenes where people are thrown off buildings and run over by cars 'cause you can't do that kinda stuff with real people when you make movies. And when I was in that movie, I was like, a total celebrity at school and all the kids would come up to me and say  'hey Wally' 'cause they all saw the movie. Well, like, the first 3 minutes of the movie. Someday I'm going to make a movie about blah blah blah blah blah. And when you commit a crime, make sure you remove all the evidence! That's really important if you used a bat. One of my movies blah blah blah blah."  

Maybe he'll make a movie about the girl who went straight from the train to an insane asylum because she LOST HER BRAIN after sitting in front of him for seven hours straight. 

During the brief time Mr Yada Yada was sleeping, I came up with a new plan: listen to every single song on the ipod Christopher gave me from A all the way to Z. I have obviously reached new levels of high caliber goals for my life.

Maybe Wally should make a movie about it.

No comments: