Monday, May 16, 2016

Texas Roundup

Once AB's Texas plague let up we brought her to the zoo. She was in her happy place feeding deer and goats. 
Sesame rode a bike for the first time. For all that I enjoy about children, teaching them to ride a bike is in my top 10 biggest dislikes of all time. I CANNOT stand it. I have patience for a lot but I have little to no patience for taking a child from a tricycle to a two wheeler. It takes a while for the child to catch on and once you take the operation on the road it takes fo.ev.er to get anywhere. I've always said that if Christopher is deployed when a child of ours wants to learn how to ride, they'll have to wait until he got home or find themselves a tutor. This mama is not available. (But let me tell you how I really feel.) Thank goodness for grandparents who will happily push learners around the yard.
We got home on Saturday and were greeted with drizzling rain and balmy 44* temperatures. It was nice to see that the bad weather didn't put a damper on my flowers.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You can never go wrong with a zoo!

Amanda said...

We are trying to get Grace to learn the peddling aspect of her trike as she has had one without peddles for a long time now. It's insanely frustrating and I will be nowhere near when she goes to a bike bike.. haha.