Wednesday, July 6, 2016

fun on the fourth

We had a relaxing long weekend. Grampy and Grammy came up to visit so Sesame wasn't lacking for attention. I bought a new bubble machine and it delighted her to no end.
We went to a parade the morning of the 4th. Small Fry wasn't sure what to think of the whole event.  
Then horses went by, she was waved to by multiple firemen and she got a lollypop so she decided this sitting in the sun listening to the sirens of a thousand fire trucks was all right. God bless America.
This was no Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. It was 50% fire and police cars, 40% campaigners (one of whom tried to win my vote by giving me a nail file with her name on it), and only 10% floats and bands. But look who made their way all the way from South Dakota! George, Thomas, Abe, and good old Teddy Roosevelt left Mount Rushmore to walk in the parade. 
Long live my freedom to dress my child in patriotic outfits.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my goodness, her face in that second photo is priceless!

Michelle said...

Her hair gets longer every picture you post! AND THAT HAT!!!