Thursday, February 9, 2017

Currently- the flu edition

Reading: A Long Way Home by Saroo Brierly and You Carried Me by Melissa Ohden. The former is the book the movie The Lion is based on and the latter is a true story of a woman who survived an attempted abortion. It's a fascinating story.

Making: blueberry muffins. The recipe isn't lying by calling them "the most sweetest" muffins. They're so good. We made them in our new heart cupcake tin because everything tastes better when it's festive.

Watching: Kipper the dog when Sesame is awake and This Is Us when she's in bed. HOW MUCH DO I LOVE THIS IS US, LET ME COUNT THE WAYS.

Wishing for: spring. I like snow but am not a fan of endless days of cold and wind. I'm ready for sunny days and playing outside. I can't wait to go for walks again. Annabelle can't wait to go swimming. We're both over winter at this point.

Buying: fancy straws. I know what I said about this being No Spend February and only buying essentials but in my world fancy straws are essential. They were only one dollar and they're for Annabelle's birthday so it was a justifiable purchase. No, I don't need Straw Collectors Anonymous. I don't have an addiction! I don't have a supplier who buys me straws with his Michael's employee discount!
Planning: Annabelle's birthday party. How can she be almost three?!?! She said she wants an ice cream cake and another ice cream cake.

Taking: all the dayquil/nyquil/robitussin/cough drops. I don't mean to sound overly dramatic, but I have the plague. Annabelle got hit first and gave it to me. When I talk to her about sharing I don't mean I want her to share the flu! We're a coughing, sore throat, aching mess over here. We were never sick so constantly in Tennessee and it's gotten so tiring. 

Listening to: Sesame calling for me. "Moooooommy! Mama! Come in my room! Mama! Are you dere?! MOOOOOOOMMMMMMYYYYY!" She doesn't take bedtime as seriously as I do. 

3 comments:

Laura Darling said...

I hope you feel better soon! I feel like this is a more sickly winter than I can ever remember. I feel like at all times, one or more of my friends/coworkers/family is sick. Hopefully the fresh air and warm sunshine come quickly!

Jen said...

I think I'm the only person who has not watched This Is Us! Might have to change that.

Angi said...

I think I'm the only person who has attempted to get through a few episodes of This Is Us...and was so bored I quit watching.

I hope you feel better ASAP!!