Friday, June 27, 2014

just a couple of social butterflies over here

On Wednesday afternoon my friend Scherrie and I got together for our ladies lunch club. We'd like to have lunch together every couple of weeks, but the last time we did was before Christmas. We've welcomed a new member into the club since then. She got her own chair but did not get her own chips and salsa. 
We met at a Mexican restaurant and we were so early that the restaurant wasn't even open yet. You don't know how proud it made me to sit in the parking lot and wait for the person without a baby to arrive. My pride is important to remember when I get to my next story. We asked the waiter if he would mind turning on the outdoor fans so we could sit on the patio. Apparently the fans are difficult to operate because it took 7 men to figure out how to get them on. The whole time I was thinking of the joke that goes "How many Americans does it take to screw in a light bulb?" I'd make a joke here about how many Mexicans it takes to turn on a fan but Christopher will read this and make some comment about how I can't go around saying things that might seem racist in the internet. #GodBlesstheMexicans 

Yesterday we drove to Nashville to meet Kacy. Due to a series of unfortunate events involving heavy traffic, a man selling newspapers IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LANE, the gps telling me the park was on the right when it was on the left, and parking two blocks away we were only able to visit for about 28.5 minutes. And just like that all my pride over being on time the day before melted away. But it was worth it!! Kacy looks so good for not only being pregnant, but also for having been forced to stand around in the heat for two hours waiting for us. A lady was there getting videos for the weather channel so Annabelle much more interested in her tv debut than in taking a selfie. My face is so round I look like I ate 12 doughnuts for breakfast. Moving on.
Annabelle and I got caught in a downpour on the way back to the car. Basically I participated in a wet tshirt contest that I did not sign up for. So much for your video of sunshine and blue skies, weather lady!

As if our social calendar this week wasn't exciting enough, Alaska Sarah from church came over to visit today. There are two Sarah's in Sunday school so to cut down on confusion we call her Alaska Sarah after her home state. (This idea works better in theory than in reality. I'm fairly certain Christopher and I are the only ones who refer to her as such and since I don't refer to myself as Sarah when talking about myself, naturally I'd be talking about her if I say "Sarah did such and such". This is the look Sesame gives me when I over explain.)  
Annabelle says Alaska Sarah is her BFF. Normally she doesn't like sharing the blog spotlight but she said she'd be willing to move aside for Sarah's blog debut.

1 comment:

Jen said...

How fun that you got to meet up with Kacy! So fun!