Thursday, March 3, 2016

some things are better left unshared with the public

We had a guest speaker at MOPS today- a midwife named Khristeeena. She brought all her props of female anatomy and beyond. She spent half the time talking about the uterus. She kept referring to it as 'she' and 'her'. I thought maybe I had missed the beginning of a story but nope. She was talking about the uterus as if it's a person. She brought out her placenta/umbilical cord prop and passed it around so we could all feel it. She asked if anyone had seen their placenta and one lady raised her hand and said, "I have mine in my freezer." 
Some people asked questions but I sat there holding baby Layla and not saying a word. (I had strategically placed myself between the two smallest babies there to maximize my chances of holding both.) I'll hold babies all the live long day but I'd rather not spend my morning thinking about the nine year month ordeal of getting them here.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It sounds like the morning was as awful as we thought it might be?

Jen said...

Oh boy, yeah that doesn't sound fun at all.

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Oh dear, sounds like your MOP's group needs to double think their guest speakers lol.