Friday, June 19, 2009

Friendship Friday Edition 2

Meet my beautiful friend Melissa. There has never been a time in our lives that we didn't know each other(not counting the 3 months I was around before she was born). In September we'll have known each other for 20 years. Can we really be that old? Lissy grandfather was my pastor since I was born so we were nursery friends. This picture was taken the day of his burial service in April.


I was soooo sad that Lissy's family had to move to North Carolina because of her dad's job when we were around 4. I remember the little birthday tea party we had for me right before they left...we set up our tea things on my little plastic table, drank our "tea", aka milk, and ate little snacks. Then we went on one of our favorite toys: our little green see-saw. Our mom's took the cutest picture of us of it and Lissy sent me a copy in a little heart frame a few years ago. She gave me a little foam pen in the shape of a flower that I've always kept, even though there isn't much of it left!

Its been hard living so far apart because they aren't able to come up much and I've only been to her house twice in all these years but we've sent many,many letters back and forth. For a while there we would each get one-sometimes two-a week. Yeap, the U.S. Postal Service can thank us that they're still in business! But even with letters, its just not the same going two or three years between visits. Last time she was up, we talked about how sometimes it can be hard because since we don't see each other alot, to really know what the other is into and how our styles and personalities may have changed. We know without saying that we'll always be the best of friends even if she has Katherine and I have Katie as our "bestest" close-by friends. Its like when she bought three friendship necklaces for us that said "best" "friends" "forever" on them. She said "you can have 'friends', give 'best' to one of your friends, and I'll have 'forever', because that's what we are."

I love you soooo much, best far-away friend!! ♥♥♥

No comments: