Monday, November 15, 2010

The main home-slice and Sir Barxalot

Our very beloved big brother/main home-slice/slightly crazy/family fashion icon Andrew found himself in a bit of a pickle on Friday night. To quote my mother, "he's ok, but he got hit by a car." He didn't break any bones or have internal bleeding of any kind, he's just very sore and quite bruised.
 
Being the kind people that we are, Christopher and I went to Build-A-Bear to make Andrew a soft, cuddly, lovable animal of his own to cheer him up. {Because we all know that 24-year-old guys love stuffed animals.} After a great deal of pomp and circumstance{and almost as much confusion and just as many decisions}, we presented Andrew with... 

We were quite proud of him. Naturally, we needed a card as well so we choose this highly appropriate card for the invalid and his new friend.

I'm pleased to report that we just returned from visiting the sick one and he's doing slightly better. In fact, he was singing a very off-key rendition of 'Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport'. It was rumored that he had just taken some very strong medicine which probably contributed to his loopiness, but improvement is an improvement even if it is loopy and off-key.



To quote Andrew on this picture, "WE TAKE CUTE TO A NEW LEVEL YO!!!"
I feel the 'yo' gets the point across in a way ALL THE CAPITALS don't.

1 comment:

Laura Darling said...

Oh my! I hope he feels better soon! I can't believe your mom is so nonchalant about it! I'm sure the bear totally cheered him though! What nice siblings!