Thursday, February 23, 2012

I'm quite the expert at singing national anthems

After four days, I think it's safe to say we're settled into our new home. "Settled" really is a very relative term when we’ll be here for less than two months, but this is our home for now. I feel like inviting Carrie Underwood over to serenade us with Temporary Home. 

On Tuesday I went to get an oil change for the truck. Contrary to what you may be thinking, I am not about to say I had another embarrassing experience at the mechanics. I never got to the mechanics because I got lost. There I was, wandering the roads of upstate New York without food or drink for a good hour. It didn't take me long to discover that all corn fields look the same and that REALLY didn't help my current situation any. 
I finally made it back to home sweet home and decided a good cup of coffee might help calm my nerves. Something went awry in my coffee/water ratio calculations and I ended up with the most watered down coffee I have ever had. It was not one of my favorite afternoons ever.

On to more cheerful topics. This is the view I see every morning when I wake up.

 The United States is in the foreground and Canada is in the back.
My morning ritual goes something like this: wake up, eventually decide to get out of bed, immediately walk to the door and look out at The View. I like to make sure Canada and the United States are still there, side by side. I always feel I should sing O Canada and The Star Spangled Banner at such moments.

Then I decide maybe I should spend my time doing things like making coffee correctly.

1 comment:

The New Normal said...

What an awesome view to wake up to! Perfect!
I can never make coffee correctly. Ever. I ended buying one of those fancy one cup machine-things because I was so horrible at it.
Enjoy your view! :)