Wednesday, January 6, 2010

October. January. Whats the Difference?

I'm leaving very soon for a two-day visit with Katie. *loud hallelujahs are heard* Topping my do not forget to bring list is her birthday present, a beautiful green and silver hair comb. For those keeping track, her birthday was in October and we are now at January 6th. I bought it back in September{translation- way ahead of time}, but except for the wedding and extremely short visits here and there, I haven't been able to give it to her until now.

She will have two presents to open from me because I have her Christmas present too. I bought her the prettiest blue and white teapot for her hope chest. My favorite part of the teapot is the blue butterfly that sits atop the little cover. I can't wait for her to open both gifts!

I was oh, so proud of myself this year for having her birthday gift so far in advance. I've even had her card since July. Andrew would say I still have the gift in my possession because of the whole "pride goes before the fall" thought process, but I prefer to think of it as being extremely prepared! 

No comments: