Friday, January 8, 2010

Strikes + Singing = Shock

After many trials, tribulations, plants falling off the shelf, and multiple paper cuts, I finally left for Katie's over an hour late. It took about 25 minutes just to load the car (that's where the falling plant and multiple paper cuts came in) but when everything was finally out it looked like I had taken half my worldly possessions with me.

Not seen above are the boots, bag, and who knows what else on the floor


After supper, we met our friends at the bowling alley for a bowling party. I had repeatedly been telling everyone that I am not good at bowling so please don't expect much, when the first bowl I rolled (threw? sent?) down the lane was a strike. That has happened exactly zero times before in my whole entire life. Needless to say, nobody believed my speech anymore even though I kept insisting that it was 100% true. I actually managed to get TWO more strikes. It was a completely unprecedented (probably will never be repeated) bowling night.



Katie, Erin, and I in our annual picture together
No,I don't always wear black and yes, I do have other necklaces!

Back at Katie's, we had snacks and hot chocolate before playing Apples to Apple and Catch Phrase. I didn't give the others an "I'm not very good at these games" speech because of all the practice I've had with them recently. I did, however, shock myself completely by bursting into song when the phrase 'home on the range' came up during Catch Phrase. I never, ever, ever just start singing by myself when others around are around. Certainly not in public. Between the strikes and the singing, I'm not sure what happened to me that night! 

No comments: