Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Singing Sensation

After almost 30{30!} hours of babysitting this week, the activity of the week arrived: Katie's junior voice recital! Judy and I left from Carol's as soon as the brownies were cool enough for transporting.

This is Judy.

We're not great friends but we've traveled together before so we knew what we were getting ourselves into. She felt the need to say "stay left, stay left, stay left" then immediately command that I "exit right". She also said "recalculating" three too many times during the trip. After one of the most stressful driving experiences of my career, I finally made it to Katie's in one piece where I was greeted by a crowd of sweet children who all wanted to carry something for me. The closest, and most humble I might add, way to describe them is as my fan club. I've been a fan of them ever since each was born.

Here we have a demonstration of how a singing sensation prepares the night before a recital.

With the singing sensation after the show.
Her mom bought these scarves at a consignment shop few weeks ago and we couldn't resist wearing them. You're never too old to wear matching clothes with your best ever friend! Katie improved so,so much since the last time I heard her sing! I was so proud!

After a fabulous chat with Katie, I packed the car once again and headed home. I did not use Judy's services. I did miss one exit but since I'd missed that same exit{and consequently gotten lost}before I knew how to get home. Good things sometimes do come out of getting lost. Not often, but it can happen.


"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

No comments: