Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dear Wal-Mart

Dear Wal-Mart,

I congratulate you on the entrepreneurial spirit you are showing by expanding our your local store. After my recent visit, I have a few comments that should be discussed at your next board meeting.

Firstly, by increasing the size of your store you are, presumably, hoping/excepting to acquire new customers. May I suggest that you increase the parking lot, not shrink it down the one-fifth the original size?

Secondly, please provide maps at the door of the store's new layout. Putting the car parts where the crafts used to be and the electronics where the household items used to be is somewhat disorienting. While trying to find the baby items(which miraculously happened to be in their usual spot), I turned to Toto and remarked that we really weren't in Kansas anymore.

Thirdly, thank you for placing your friendly blue-shirted associates in convenient areas around the store to ask at the most helpful times, "do you need help finding something?" It added such a nice touch to my shopping experience.

Fourthly, Jeff shouldn't have to be the only one handling all the customers at the cash register over in the garden department. Since you felt the need to make the garden center the temporary main entrance/exit, maybe you should consider using the cash register that was just sitting there doing nothing. Just a thought.

And lastly, I am forever indebted to the sweet women who let me jump in front of them in line because I was only buying two books, and they had half a cart-full. That's the stuff Wal-Mart email forwards are made of.

Thank you for your time and your consideration. I wish you all the joy and happiness that can only come out of successful board meetings.

Your opinionated customer,
Sarah
P.S. Watch out because the Christmas Tree Shop is starting their own store renovations. Not that you're really rivals, considering you were selling bubbles for $3.00 and CTS was selling them for only $1.69, but I thought I'd just let you know.

No comments: