Saturday, July 4, 2009

Proud to be an American

Today is one of my very favorite holidays. Right up there with Christmas, I look forward to it and get so excited as the day gets closer. I love my country and am so proud to live here-not just on this one day in July but on every day of the year. We must always remember to not take the “little things” like running out to Wal-Mart, going to the movies, or even planting a garden for granted. Only if theses things were taken away from us would we fully realize what we have. Let us do everything we in our power be grateful for this country and always remember the ones that have served, are serving, and will serve to enable us to live here in peace.



When I was looking for a video to put up and found this one, I knew I just had to use it because it was performed in my state by the Boston Pops, who I undyingly adore. We were able to attend one of the Boston Pops concerts on the 4th a couple years ago and although it rained most of the day and our canopy fell over, I was so excited to finally be there. Sadly we can't go this year, but we'll be watching it! :)

No comments: