Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Top Five Day

This past Wednesday just may have been One of the Top Five Days of 2009(so far). For the first time all three bridesmaids for Daniel and Erika’s wedding were in the same place. I think an appropriate name for it would be The Great Meeting of 2009.

I’ll Stop Using All Capitals Now.

The day defiantly succeeded everyone’s expectations. I knew we would have fun but Rudy, Dani(yes, they are both girls),and I just connected so well. We’re sort of like three peas in a pod except that somebody *ahem Dani* is a little more like a nut! I cannot wait to spend more time with them!

After we meet up we all drove to David’s Bridal. We had barely even made it out of the car when the excitement-o-meter shot through the roof because “Erika’s dress” was being showcased on a poster hanging in the store’s front window.(Dani’s family is making Erika's dress by copying the one Erika loved from the David’s.)

We each tried on a couple dresses then unanimously decided that we had discovered The One. The professional color is ‘wine’ but we all just call it The Dress We Absolutely Love. They’re just so pretty and elegant and princessy and girly all rolled into fabulous one dress. The skirt of the dress is slightly puffy and gathers up a little on the left side. It has just a hint of a train in the back. Because the dress is strapless, and the wedding is in October, we also bought Bolero jackets of the same color to wear over it.

I was only able to take a few pictures before we started trying on dresses but Erika took quite a few(besides, I was busy getting stuck in the dresses to take pictures). Hopefully she’ll send them to me soon so I can post them. The David’s Bridal website photos just don’t look as snazzy as we looked; even with our mismatching color dresses and no shoes! Oh, and we are going to have THE BEST EVER wedding photos. We’re already practicing our poses. Dani and Rudy have this whole John Travolta pose perfected.

After surviving the bumper to bumper traffic, we finally made it back to Erika’s and made The Best Pizza(sorry about the caps, I just can’t resist).

Don't they look divine? They were.


We even made one to look like Daniel.


Of course we had to take one of the bride with her pizza-faced fiance.


I think its safe to say that we are all Beyond Excited(and a little nervous)about the wedding. It seems so much more real now that we've been shopping for it! I've only been in one other wedding (I was a junior bridesmaid)but I know from other's stories that it makes all the difference in the world when you love the others in the wedding party!

No comments: