Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Meet Mason

Meet the "in the picture" Mason.
He's a cute little 16 week old puppy rescued from Saint Louis. His ears are oh so shaggy and his paws oh so soft.

Meet "the real" Mason.
A 16 week old puppy who has now been added to my responsibility list via being adopted by Lauren's family.

Today was the first day I watched him and Lauren. I barely made it home alive.


Don't get me wrong: I think puppies are(generally)adorable balls of fluffy and I love babysitting. But when you add babysitting a very active child on a very hot day with trying to keep track of a very active puppy(again, on a very hot day), you just might have a glimpse into my afternoon.

I now stop by their house before picking Lauren up at camp to take Mason outside for a few minutes. If only it stayed that simple...For over an hour and a half I pulled stuffed animals, papers, pens, remote controls, backpacks, boxes, the slipcovers that go over the arms of chairs, couch cushions, rugs, towels, and shoes out of his mouth. Then I had enough and he was banished to the place referred to as His Cage. We took him out a while later for a "quick"(the understatement of the century)walk. I don't think we'll be doing that again for a while.

On the upside, I learned a very valuable lesson today: I now fully understand why Mom never let us get a puppy when all five of us were little.

I even called her up and told her so.


Edit: I forgot to say that I do not like my feet being licked by dogs. Mason has a hard time understanding that one.

No comments: