Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm sure my mother appreciated the clean floor

Last winter I decided to start exercising again. Since running marathons and lifting weights was slightly outside my range of expertise (or, quite frankly, my desire at the moment) and I am not a member of any gym, I chose to go the exercise video route.

To be honest, I have traveled that route many times always with the same result- I end up arguing with the woman teaching the class and become completely disgusted with the whole thing by the time 30 minutes is up. How she can expect me to keep up with all her jumping, flipping, and squatting when I've never seen the video before is beyond me. It doesn't help that I tend to get my right and left mixed up when watching said videos. The only way to fix this problem is for me to turn around so we're facing the same way, but that presents yet another problem- I CAN'T SEE THE TV. (I have found one video that I sort of like. It probably comes as no big surprise that I picked it because the words, "fun, fast, and dance" are in the title.)
 
Halfway through one video the instructor told us all, with a huge smile on her face, to "get out our weighted exercise bar because it was time to work those biceps!!" I certainly did not have any sort of weighted exercise bar hanging around my house, so I improvised and used this instead.
I don't think my biceps got too much of a workout. On the bright side, the floor was clean by the time the video was over.

Since returning home, I have started Zumba class again. I'm happy to report that Zumba is much better for both the health of my body and my mental health. Sure, we have the moments when I bang into the wall or am swinging to the right when most other people are swinging to the left, but overall it's a huge improvement. 

The only downside is that the floor doesn't get cleaned.   

1 comment:

The Arizona Russums said...

haha! this is hilarious! i get mad at the video people too! i cannot keep up!