* I was crazy enough to think an 8:15 appointment was a good idea.
* I had a mascara related accident which resulted in mascara all over my hands.
* I didn't dress Sesame in warm enough clothes.
* It was threatening to rain. If there's anything I dislike it's doing errands in the rain. It's 15 times worse with a baby.
* I got stuck behind four school buses.
* My cd was skipping.
* I couldn't find a parking spot.
* My brand new necklace that I love got caught on something and broke.
All this before eight o'clock.
* The receptionist gave me paperwork to fill out. None of the questions made sense. Why would they ask if Annabelle is pregnant or likely to become pregnant in the next 30 days? Why would they ask if she's been feeling suicidal? I asked the nurse and she said I filled the adult patient paper. Annabelle is the only one in our family who goes there but they've given me the adult paper each time. They haven't yet made the connection that I am not the patient for well baby appointments.
* The nurse scolded me for letting Annabelle chew on raw carrot sticks. It's "too much of a chocking hazard." It's not like I'm handing her a container of marbles.
* The doctor talked me to for 30 minutes about how Annabelle's weight dropped slightly. She went from the 9th percentile at five months to below 0 percentile (how does that even make mathematical sense) at six months so she needs to start drinking formula and have more calories. She even threw out the term "failure to thrive" while Annabelle was bouncing around on my lap while laughing and VERY MUCH not failing. She lost 1oz since she was there on September 26th. It's not like she's back to her birth weight. The doctor wants her to gain a pound by Tuesday. YEAH RIGHT.
* I almost cried in the office.
* I sat Annabelle on the exam table but accidentally placed her on a little indent and she almost fell onto the floor.
* I cried on the way home.
* I put a pot of water on the stove to boil and walked away for a few minutes. A few minutes later I smelled something funny and upon investigation, it became clear that I turned on the wrong burner. The plastic wrap covering one of my very favorite fall plates holding my homemade sugar cookies was melting and I watched as the plated cracked in half. I lost the plate and the cookies I was going to eat to make myself feel better.
* We're almost out of diapers.
I'm going to sit upstairs on the couch and watch a movie. I hope the tv works and the couch doesn't break.
Big Boo Cast: Episode I’m all in for soccer
10 hours ago