Tuesday, August 6, 2013

an extra layer of lip gloss goes a long way

As if living in a real house with a garage and a backyard didn't make me feel like an official home owner renter, I've been to Home Depot three times in the last two days which has really sealed the deal.

The first trip was unsuccessful because I made the rookie mistake of going in my gym clothes after zumba. The only way to get good customer service at home improvement stores is to wear nice clothes, jewelry, and cute shoes, preferably with some sort of heel. The better you look, the more likely people are to think you know nothing about home improvement and the more help you get. (I've spent a large amount of time perfecting this theory.) That is why the trip after zumba I couldn't find anyone to help me get a shower curtain rod and I basically had to climb up the shelf to get it. It was like a Cirque De Soleil act right there in aisle 25.

By the looks of things in our garage, I'll be making another trip to Home Depot to look at storage options.
I plan on wearing one of these outfits to ensure I receive optimal service.
I think the tiara will be a really nice touch. 

3 comments:

Jen said...

Haha love it! I think the tiara would indeed be a nice touch. :)

Jamie Hart said...

Awww.. I love your Home Depot humor! The Tiara would totally get you some help-- damsel in distress.

Allison said...

Your theory makes a TON of sense and I will add it to my repetoire. Another option, if you don't want to get gussied up, is to borrow a baby. Babies in the front seat of carts are people magnets. You'd have NO problem getting assistance if you take some baby with you, stop mid-aisle (getting in the way of as many as possible, scooting your cart awkwardly around) and starting look around helplessly while checking your phone (as if Googling the answers to your problems). No lip gloss required. Not that I know from personal experience...