Sunday, May 29, 2016

27

Yesterday was my birthday. Contrary to what Annabelle thinks, I am not one and a half. It was such a nice day. For various reasons my last birthday was not great. This year more than made up for it.

We went spent the first part of the day at a state park. Annabelle was VERY disappointed that we weren't going to her definition of a park aka a playground. Then she saw a frog and said she was "habing so much fun!"
We called it a hike but in reality it was a drive with a few stops to walk around. 
 Too bad we didn't see much of a view.
Do not be deceived by her sweet face. She was airing her grievances about wanting lunch and still wondering why we weren't at the playground.
We went to PF Changs for dinner. Normally Christopher makes my birthday meal but I was craving dumplings and nobody makes them better than PF. After studying dumplings for many years I consider myself an expert on the matter. Christopher and Sesame made me strawberry shortcake. Annabelle helped by laying on the kitchen floor while wearing an apron.
Hello, sugar high and late bedtime.
Here's to a year with less gray hair and more dumplings.

2 comments:

Laura Darling said...

Those scenery pictures are GORGEOUS! Someday AB will appreciate them more than a sliding board and some swings! :) Glad you had a nice birthday!!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Happy birthday!