Wednesday, December 20, 2017

midweek roundup

* Last night Michelle texted me this story. I was laughing so hard no sound was coming out. Stop reading this and go read that. It reminded me of a few weeks ago when we stopped by the grocery store after church. We divided to conquer the store and AB was assigned to me. We picked some flowers for Mrs. Jim's birthday and I had to talk her out of giving her a get well soon balloon. Mrs. Jim is getting old but she's still in fine health. We settled on a Frozen balloon instead. (When we brought it over, Mr. Jim looked at Elsa and said, "Well, isn't she a good looking gal.") We wandered the store looking for Christopher and Annabelle tried putting the box of cheerios in the cart of five other people. She kept walking up to random people and dropping the box on their food because she thought it was ours. I have never apologized more times during a grocery trip. When we walked up to Christopher's car I was surprised to hear music playing from inside. I knew the keys weren't in it so the radio couldn't be on. I opened the door for Annabelle and her car seat was gone. I saw weird trash in the door. I looked in the driver seat and saw a strange man. It wasn't our car. ABORT ABORT. FLEE THE SCENE. Slam the door and run. The guy didn't notice me when I confidently opened the door but I'm sure he heard the slam and saw the lady in high heels dragging a child away from his car. 

* It so seldom happens, but occasionally I get tired. Kidding. I'm tired almost every day. I was saying "I'm pooped" but Annabelle is too much of a parrot and she walked around saying it. I'd rather not rush to the potty talk days. Several weeks ago I was rocking AB before bed and 'I'm pooped' almost slipped out. I have NO clue why this phrase came out instead but I said, "I'm snoop dogged." WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN. I couldn't tell you one thing about Snoop Dogg but now his name comes out of my mouth several times a week. It's become the new family phrase for when we're tired. 

* Last Christmas we lost the baby Jesus from our Little People nativity. I found another set at the consignment shop and as these things go we immediately found the missing Jesus under the couch. There may be no room for him in the inn but there's always room under my couch for more toys. Now we have double everything. The two Marys and two Josephs are being run over by all the wise men and huge herd of camels. The two Jesuses are vying for the prime stop under the angel. As if two Jesuses wasn't enough, AB changed the name of her Bitty Baby from Violet to Jesus. When she was supposed to be napping she called down for me to find baby Jesus and bring him to her. I guess the more Jesus we have around the better.

* I have one million and eight things to do between now and when we leave on Saturday. Instead of packing I spent some quality time painting penguins on Annabelle's handprint. Procrastinator 4 lyfe.
I try to do a hand/footprint craft for every holiday or season. Look at her little mistletoes from her first Christmas. She likes to tell me how she's almost four but I plug my ears and LA LA LA NOT LISTENING.  
* I don't care that the snow is as high as the ordering box. I will still get my medium iced coffee!
* Time for bed. I'm very snoop dogged.

1 comment:

Laura Darling said...

Snoop dogged!! I'm cracking up. That's so funny and I might adopt it in our house too. Love those penguins, what a cute idea!