Monday, February 11, 2019

daddy daughter dance

Ever since the Daddy Daughter Dance last year, Annabelle has been talking about when she could go to another one. That day finally happened on Saturday.

I've been stuffing Annabelle into her 4T dresses so we could get the most use out of them, but none of them were worthy of the dance. She seldom makes a fuss about clothes, but she turned down the first three dresses I suggested. We finally agreed on this one and I love it.
Annabelle spent weeks planning how she wanted the day to go. Christopher would pick her dress (which she had already picked) and she would pick his tie. It was the sweetest thing to watch her as she watched him get ready. She adores him. That afternoon was everything I imagined years ago when I thought about having a daughter.
Nahall the tiger was a special guest.

2 comments:

rooth said...

How very sweet. I very fondly remember the father / daughter events with my dad with a lot of clarity, given how long ago it all happened

Jen said...

What a special time for them! :) Love the pictures.