Friday, June 26, 2020

our best guy

We celebrated our best guy on Father's Day with a day trip out of town. We went to the park to play in the rocky river, got lunch from Jason's Deli and swung by Aldi. Aldi is the dream destination of fathers everywhere!
I had a small logistical problem with Christopher's Father's Day gift. Namely, I forgot to order one in time for a Father's Day arrival. I actually had two problems. The second is I didn't realize it was being shipped from a questionable source in China, therefore I may have ordered a personalized box for coronavirus for twenty-five American dollars. 

Annabelle wanted to send herself to Christopher in the mail, but the closest we could get to that was her hiding in a suitcase outside the front door. She was so excited about it she couldn't wait until Sunday to arrive. 
Annabelle and I have Mama and Sesame sleepovers in the living room every few months. She's been wanting to have a sleepover with Christopher for a few weeks and they finally did it last night. I told Christopher she would want to talk for a while before going to sleep and he said it would be no problem. Before she and I knew what was happening, he was snoring away. I don't think he made it through the first story. The dude can't handle the sleepover scene!

Our church is doing virtual VBS this year. The children's director made huge boxes for each child with snacks, craft supplies and lessons for each day of the week. She put so much effort into it. We made a tie-dye shirt the first day and got as much dye on our hands as on the shirt. 
On one of the days, we were talking about prayer and how we can talk to God about anything. She had several cards to fill in that said "God, thank you for ______,'' "God, please help my friend ______," etc. Her answer for the card that said "God, please help me______" cracked me up. She wrote, "please help me with my disappearing act." We did talk about praying for anything!
We also prayed that we were thankful for Dad. He snores, is unobservant and says things that make us both roll our eyes, but he's the best dad around.

No comments: