Wednesday, July 10, 2013

things to blog about when you don't have anything to blog about

I've been in a rut lately when it comes to blogging material, so I turned to Al Gore's invention for a little assistance. The internet provided the following ideas when I searched for "things to blog about when you don't have anything to blog about".  


Write-up a theoretical exercise for a company changing something about the way they do business--like what if Twitter created a level of paid accounts or what if Facebook added features for the enterprise.  Should Uber have shared rides?  What kind of advertising mechanism should Tumblr have? 
First of all, I had never heard of Uber. In the spirit of openmindedness I did some research and it appears Uber is some sort of personal taxi service. At least that's what I got from the homepage. It's not like I did any further research because I am my own personal taxi service and don't need to hire anyone to get me to Walmart. (Although I did break our car the other day but that's a story for another day.) Second of all, I usually avoid non-food related theoretical exercises as they tend to hurt my brain. Not to mention that this topic is nowhere near what we ever discuss on this blog. 

How are you "average" or not related to how the world is designed with you in mind?  Where do you differ from the fat middle of the normal curve and how do you have to be conscious of this when doing your job?
I think this question is FAR AND ABOVE beyond my non-existent blogging pay grade. 

Memory of your first speaking 
engagement
I can't go there. I just can't. Let's just say it included A LOT of tears and tissues.

Interviews with angels
The fact that someone included this on their list of "what should I blog about today" ideas fascinates me. I'd be all I JUST INTERVIEWED AN ANGEL, PEOPLE! right after it happen, not five months down the road when I had nothing else to say. Besides, maybe I hang out with the wrong crowd, but no one I know has ever sat down and interviewed an angel. If you have, please fill me in on all the details asap.

Conduct an interview with someone you admire.
Answer pending. Josh Turner, I will clear my calendar for you anytime. 

3 comments:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I love it- and will let you know next time I interview an angel so I can pass along some material for you

Jen said...

Haha I love the last one. :)

Kace said...

ha! I've been known to google this from time to time, too but you've found some real jewels here. I especially enjoyed #2. Seriously, when I read stuff like this I question my own passion for learning and self discovery in my life because- who cares? I'd rather just blog about pins I'll never do and how many cups of coffee I've had today so far (2). :)