Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Father's Day, Edition 5

If you're wondering if your weekend was wilder than mine, let me put your mind at rest. By 9 o'clock on Friday night I was in bed with a headache and asking Christopher why there was half a piece of dried rice in our sheets. 

No one parties harder than us.

We started celebrating Father's Day on Saturday. We took Christopher to an eclectic sandwich restaurant downtown then did a few errands. On Sunday we presented our various gifts and he requested I make enchiladas. I was behind on cards and gifts so we were finishing them at the eleventh hour. This is what it looks like when you wait until after church on Father's Day to buy a card.

We filled out a paper of facts about Christopher and some of Sesame's answers made me laugh me laugh so hard.
My dad's favorite thing to do is cuddle, hanging out with me.
I love it when my dad plays with me.
My dad's favorite food is pork chops.
My dad is really great at woodworking.
I think my dad is funny because jokes.
I know my dad loves me because I'm a girl.

My favorite thing to do with my dad is help do the chores.
My dad's favorite sport is I don't know. I think it's baseball.
The one thing I hear my dad say a lot is "You have to pick up this and this and this."
I love my dad because he takes good care of me.

AB loves giving gifts so she had been wrapping bits of paper and making cards with glitter for days. She found a rock on the kitchen floor and wrapped it in Rudolph wrapping paper. She loves rocks so I guess she thought Christopher would appreciate one too.


I could put more pictures of Christopher here but let's be honest. He wouldn't be having a Father's Day if it wasn't for us.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm terrible at remembering to do gifts but I always make sure I get cards haha. My sister jokes that I send cards for every occasion.

Laura Darling said...

I'm still cracking up at "you have to pick up this and this and this!" From the mouths of babes!! I worked at CVS for years and it was always enjoyable to watch the mad rush of last minute card buyers on mother's/father's day, and Valentine's Days. By the last minute people were basically buying whatever card was left and editing it to fit their specific situation!!

rooth said...

Awwww what a sweetie :)