Wednesday, December 12, 2018

all I want for christmas is good hair and an empty laundry room

No one has ever accused me of being hard to buy for, but just in case, I've compiled a list of my top ten Christmas desires. The price range is varied so there will be something for every budget.

1. Hair that stays a nice shade of dark brown. It brings me great sorrow to report that the gray and white hairs on my head are rapidly multiplying. I have highlights on top but all the offending hairs underneath shine like Rudolph's nose when my hair is up. I'd like hair that stays the right color until I am of an appropriate age for it to change.

2. Everywhere I look I see "blessed not stressed" and "too blessed to be stressed" shirts. The sentiment is great but it's not realistic. I realize how blessed I am, BUT I AM ALSO STRESSED. Thus, I present to you my patent pending sweatshirt design. 

]\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ (<--- Lucy the cats contribution to this post)

3. For slightly round midsections (aka baby weight that never disappears) to come into style. 

4. A floor with hidden compartments underneath so we could hide all the toys out of sight.

5. Dunkin Donuts delivery service


6. An hour long nap each day. Or longer! I'm not picky.


7. For a fresh breakfast to appear for me in the morning. I'm not even asking for EVERY morning, just Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. I think that's very reasonable.


8. A chauffeur to drive Annabelle to her various activities. Driving to school and beyond is something I did not look forward to in parenting and it's turning out to be just as soul time-sucking as I thought it would be. I'd also like said chauffeur to be free.


9. I am so thankful for my washing machine and dryer (#blessed) but I'd like a few changes in the laundry department. I'd like underwear and doubled shirts to be separated before going in the hamper. The same goes for socks. Please unroll socks so I don't need a facemask and salad tongs to separate them.

The current laundry situation at my house.

10. For everyone in the world to chew and swallow quietly. People at the international space station shouldn't hear you eating an apple. 

2 comments:

rooth said...

I feel like I do tons of laundry and there are only two of us. I can't even imagine what doing laundry for kids is like

Julie said...

Pretty solid list. I will have to add some of those ideas to mine!