Monday, December 31, 2018

Seven things we should not take into the new year

It's that time again. Instead of listing out the best moments of my year, I'd like to discuss what should not be part of my world in 2019.

+. Using the letter V instead of ''very''. "It was v. good." "I'm v. cold." WRITE THE WHOLE WORD. It's not that hard!

+ The reappearance of shoulder pads in jackets. Kohl's had an entire section of shoulder pad jackets and it brought me back to some dark days of my youth.

+ All white homes and decor. Colors were made to be enjoyed! Add some color to your home instead of making it look like everything was dipped in bleach.

+ Taking videos while driving. This particularly applies to Instagram. It doesn't matter if you're recording while sitting at a red light. I guarantee you can wait another 10 minutes to share a link with the sweater you wore to the party yesterday.

+ Being sent an email confirming I unsubscribed after I went through the work to unsubscribe.

+ Let's simmer down with everything being mermaid-themed.

+ Being gluten free by choice. As someone who eats a 90% gf diet because I am genuinely allergic to wheat and rye, I feel qualified to speak on this. It's not cool. I don't know why anyone would WANT this lifestyle. Take advantage of all the wheat full opportunities you have. You only live once so you might as well eat that box of pasta. Don't get me started on dairy free by choice. Long live cheese!


4 comments:

Callie said...

Ha!! I support all these eliminations 100%!

Michelle said...

AMEN!!!!! I support these 200%!

Jen said...

Yes to all of these! Especially the last one. The GF fad has made it so much harder for those who have serious allergies and issues.

rooth said...

"Let's simmer down with everything being mermaid-themed." AMEN