Tuesday, April 2, 2019

let's celebrate Sesame

Our month of celebrating Annabelle's birthday is finally wrapping up.
Christopher's birthday job every year is getting the balloons and he never disappoints. She couldn't believe how many he got. Go big or go home is his motto when it comes to buying things. 
Mom and Elizabeth were here for the last week and we did our final birthday celebration on AB's actual birthday. The birthday person always picks whatever fancy plate they want and she chose a Christmas plate. Given that she's on the 18th consecutive month of listening to Christmas music at night it was a choice I should have predicted. Our sweet little friend Lana came over for a special birthday supper. It's fun to give her bigger parties but it was really nice to have a quiet day to visit and play together.
Special birthday pedicure
The next day we went to a plantation an hour and a half away to take birthday pictures. It did not go as planned. The shoes we brought hurt Annabelle's feet. Neither pack of special balloons I bought had strings. When I did get a confetti balloon blown up, it burst and flung confetti all over the pristine garden. Elizabeth swung her arm and accidentally gave Annabelle a bloody lip. We were not off to a good start. 
I feel you, sister.
A few of the 210 pictures I took turned out well. Look how grown up she is. When did this happen?
Three days ago she looked like this and now she looks like she's about to a teenager. 

I always have a month week of mourning before Annabelle's birthdays. This year she joined me in crying. ''But I don't wanna turn five, Mama! I wanna stay 4 years old!" I had to really talk up how great being five will be. I don't love how fast she's growing but I love her and plan on keeping her around for the next 105 years. 

2 comments:

rooth said...

Sweet girl... she really is growing up so fast!

Tanza Erlambang said...

beautiful series of photos...
have a great day