Thursday, September 2, 2010

Three People of the Week

Person 1

In the course of the last two weeks, Molly has become a VERY LOUD person. She's always been loud, but now she's at least 28 decibels higher than usual. I went over yesterday to babysit and most of the conversations between Carol and Molly went as follows:

Carol: Molly, you are being much too loud. I need you to sit down properly while you're eating.
Molly: OK MOM! MOM, can I have SOME MORE CHEESE? I am SO HUNGRY! MOM, LOOK AT ZACK! He has MORE CHEESE THAN ME!
Carol: Molly. Please be quiet for a while. There's something we have that's called intuition and it helps tell us whether we should do something or not. If your intuition is telling you not to do something, you probably shouldn't do. Your intuition should be telling you to quiet down.
Molly: OK, BUT CAN I HAVE MORE CHEESE NOW? ZACHARY, DO YOU WANT TO PLAY BICYCLE UNDER THE TABLE?
Carol: Molly, you're not listening to your intuition. You're not allowed to play any games while we're eating supper.
Molly: BUT I DON'T HAVE AN INTUITION!!!!!!!!!!

Carol and Brian were blessed with a handful when Molly was born.

Person 2

The crazy girl from the city came to visit Elizabeth on Tuesday. New York City, that is. Rachel just put herself on a bus outside her West Street apartment and ended up on our doorstep. I didn't get to see her as I was working, but rumor has it that it was a crazy time with lots of enthusiasm. Look at the girl. How could their visit not be crazy?


Person 3

James has returned to us from his basic training in Georgia. Except for a burnt hand and an injured foot, he's doing fine. Forget about family and friends, he was most enthusiastic about being reunited with Dunkin' Donuts.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Your blog always makes me smile! Cracked me UP with the intuition!