Saturday, September 25, 2010

Umukasima

I have some new companions and I spent all day with them. They never seem to know when enough is enough or take into account the fact that I'd like to have a little sanity left by the time I finish the semester.


Finally I said that enough was enough and I pulled Elizabeth away from her spider catching{again}to take a walk with me. It's worth noting that she was not happy when I pulled her away from her spiders. I think the spiders were happy though because as she was trying to get them into the jar,their legs were falling off. {I don't make up the news,I just report it.}

Elizabeth had such little regard for my injured foot that she was this far ahead of me for almost the whole walk. She's so sympathetic.

When we arrived back home, who should be pulling into our driveway but our favorite honorary family members!

We learned something new about Willie tonight. He apparently came from Planet Umukasima. When asked how he came to be with his current family here on Earth, his sister replied that he was a reject and since they didn't know what else to do with him, they sent him down here. I asked Willie if he thinks he'll ever go back there and after thinking about if for a minute, he replied that maybe he'll go back as a missionary. He's so sweet to think of his fellow Umukasimans like that. Willie also told me recently that I am his very favorite Sarah. That boy can do no wrong in my eyes.

1 comment:

Laura Darling said...

Wow...this spider catching is really turning into quite the project!! So funny!