Tuesday, August 26, 2014

sweaty is not one of my best looks

It's hot here. Really, really hot. Like, 184* with humidity of 1200%.

Have I mentioned that our air conditioning has a mind of its own and only works half the time?

Sometimes all we can do is sit in a mini lawn chair in the middle of the living room and look out the window, longing for a day when we will live in a state where no one melts .6 seconds after walking out the door.
The heat has lead to lots of naked time for the baby. "Heeeeeeey, Mom!!!!"
"I'M PEERING INTO YOUR SOUL. Do you have any food hidden there? When's my next meal? Do you like my eyes? I'm hungry."
Yesterday it was so hot I couldn't even take her swimming in our hot tub on the face of the sun kiddie pool on the deck. The next best activity was entertaining herself by putting Honeypot on her head. 
I prefer that activity over her latest development- rolling from her back to her stomach, OMG I cannot handle it. I'm not sure whether to curl up the fetal position because she's growing too fast or because I'm dying from heat stroke.
"Did somebody say lunchtime?"

6 comments:

Jen said...

There is nothing worse than not being able to get cool.

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

Ugh - heat and humidity. Two things I do not miss. Hope y'all get some relief soon. But in the meantime, nakie babies are just too cute!

Katie @ Team Skelley said...

It is face-melting hot out there right now. I don't know if I have become a delicate flower in my old age or if global warming is for real, because I grew up in TN and I don't remember it being this hot when I was a kid. It was so hot this weekend, I didn't even want to go to the lake-I didn't even want to go to the mailbox.

Little Miss Cutie is adorable as always!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

That last picture is priceless!!! She's such a doll!!! You are so right its been so crazy hot here these last few days!!!!

Allison said...

Naked baby is so stinkin cute. And she looks so alert! I wish I could squeeze her.

Miss to Mrs said...

It's brutal here in Kansas also. I am not a fan of heat and humidity. I'm a delicate little flower.

I'm here with a PSA. Alyson has that same outdoor chair. (Except ours is in the middle of the living room. We don't go outside. Mosquitoes are not our friends.) Anyway, about the chair. Those become dangerous when they start crawling into it and then standing up in it. Babies are stupid fast and Alyson can get in hers in a spit second and then stand up. They fall over backward easily.

I'm not saying your sweet girl will ever climb anything. Obviously she is still a teeny tiny baby and will stay like that for many many many more moons. I'm just throwing that out there for you to keep in the back of your mind for that day in high school when she decides she wants to sit in a chair by herself.