* I've only been to Dunkin Donuts two times this year. I don't know why I haven't been 12 times. Our DDs in TN are beyond sub sub par. The DD here are perfect. Like I've always said, New England runs on Dunkin Donuts and the rest of the country stubble's along behind. The following is an actual conversation between Aaron and the man working the drive through.
Aaron: "I'd like an iced caramel with extra extra extra extra extra."
Man; "Do you want cream and sugar?"
Aaron: "Yes. Extra, extra."
Man: "I got the extra extra extra extra extra part. Do you want more extra extra?"
Aaron: "Yes, please. Extra extra cream and sugar. Extra extra extra extra extra caramel."
Why don't you just ask for tooth decay in a cup.
* Between January 1st and January 6th I pulled out 8 gray hairs. I had a panic attack when I looked at the back of my head in the mirror and saw a whole clump of gray. Turns out the bobbie pin I used was peeling and what I was seeing was the light reflecting off it.
* I went to bed at 11:15 on New Years Eve. I couldn't care less about seeing a ball drop or a million strangers kissing in Times Square. I don't know why I ever thought it was fun to stay up late. These days I'm a happy camper if I'm asleep by 10:30.
* Speaking of late nights, the Single Ladies Club had a get together this week. Since the formation of the club I've gotten married and Autumn has started dating Nick. That leaves Joanna as the only single lady but The One Married, One Dating, One Single Club is a horrible name. We were trying to plan a time to go out on the town and Autumn said, "We don't have to go early in the evening. We can leave at 9:30 or 10." Please see previous statement about my prefered bedtime. I'll be the one in the corner watching all the youngsters party it up while wearing my Old Navy pajama pants.
* I heard a story on the radio about a woman who married her two cats. I have a few questions- WHY, WHY and WHY? This is taking cat lady to a whole new level of crazy.
* AB has decided this is The Year of the Nighttime Wakeup. She has no supporters in this but she carries on anyway. She's gone from sleeping through the night to waking up four to five times a night. That means I've been woken up 36-40 times. I feel so fresh and chipper!
* I never pick a word of the year. I don't know what's going to happen this year and I hate to pick a word that's going to stress me out come September. What if I pick the word brave today then tomorrow someone invites me to jump off the Effiel Tower with only a bungee cord the width of a toothpick tied around my waist to keep me from certain death? WHAT DO I DO THEN? I bet I'd be wishing I picked the words timid and scaredy cat. How would I pick one anyway? How does this whole process work? I did come up with a phrase that shall be my guide for 2015-
Stop comparing yourself to others because it only brings discontentment and pain, especially when you're comparing your hair to the hair of every contestant who ever appeared on The Bachelor.
That will look great embossed on a coffee cup.