Thursday, April 27, 2017

thursday tidbits

Many many years ago I held a week old little boy and fell in deep love with him. We attended the same church and were joint at the hip every Sunday and any visits in between. Every person who knows us both knows we were, to use Noah's words, "best buds." At one point he said he wanted to marry me but couldn't do the wedding on Saturday as he had to be at karate. We planned a Friday wedding instead. Taking my own offspring out of the picture, I never loved a child more. 

He wrote me a collection of "love letters" which I saved and have no intention of ever throwing away.

"I think I'll follow you for the rest of my life."

Dear sarah I hop you hav a grat time wiel wer gon yer one of my best pals and happy birthday. Love Noah


Dear sarah I love you so much. I hope you had a grat thanksgiving i love you. from: Noah


to: sarah I love you


All that to say- I saw him on Sunday and he is a giant. 

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE THREE YEAR OLD WHO WANTED TO MARRY ME? 

Uncle Ronnie has an extremely busy social schedule but he managed to squeeze in a Dunkin Donuts date with us. It really confused people when I first started calling Aaron by the name Ronnie. It seemed an obvious nickname to me.
We've mostly visited family so far, but one afternoon we went to a nursing home to see a sweet friend from back in the day. She's known me from the day I was born and it's special that Annabelle got to see her too.
Annabelle asked Memere if she knew how to play the battery operated piano. Memere didn't understand what she was supposed to do so she shook the piano like a rattle. Then she asked if AB knows the very old song "I'm a Lonely Little Petunia in the Onion Patch." Annabelle did not. I think they're dealing with some generational gaps. 

3 comments:

Laura Darling said...

When I read Uncle Ronnie I thought, "Is there a sibling I don't know about?!" Ha! I love that you went to DD though. Did anyone get a free magnet?

Angi said...

It's always so bizarre when kids you knew as babies grow up. I still can't believe my "little" cousins who I held when they were born are getting married and having kids these days.

Jen said...

That last picture is the best!