Thursday, August 31, 2017

little memories, august 2017

* I've been trying to take more pictures of Christopher and I. I took this on a walk last Sunday. I was moderately satisfied with how I look but I wasn't too sure about Christopher. I asked if we should take it again when he was smiling. He said he was smiling. One day I'll learn to understand his facial expressions.
* Annabelle loves the statue of the polar bear mom and baby at the zoo. She runs up and hugs it every time. She likes the real thing too. "He's so yittle and cute I wish I could just hug him. Hi, yittle buddy!" 
 * Mr. Jim came over when AB was eating her snack. She brought him a fig newton and they shared a snack at her picnic table. They were talking about an upcoming trip we're taking and he said "what I am going to do without seeing you every day?"
* I seldom compare myself to Noah, but we both went through forty day trials. I tried potty training this kid for FORTY DAYS without success. 
Given the number of accidents I cleaned up I'd say we both had watery trials. Thank goodness I only have to clean up after one and not the untold number of animals Noah and Mrs. Noah dealt with. We took a few weeks off Potty Training Intensive to recover/regroup/mourn 40 wasted days. Mom is here and I unselfishly let her have a go at the impossible task.  This darling child refused to pee for 10 (TEN) hours today but she finally went on her Minnie Mouse potty. I won't dare to say the end is in sight, but I am so proud she finally did it. I almost cried tears of joy. Here's hoping by the end of September I'll be saying she's fully potty trained. Good thing she's cute!

No comments: