Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Christopher says I'm good at coming up with titles but I can't think of one

In what appears to be a reoccurring theme, yesterday was not my day. 

I'll spare you the details, but by 9:37 I had to hide in my room and demand that Annabelle not follow me or bang on the door unless she was bleeding. I would have paid a million dollars for someone, ANYONE to keep her for a few hours so I could lay on the bed and properly moan about my throbbing jaw/head and the rest of my life issues. Annabelle has really been pushing her luck with some new behaviors. We skipped the terrible twos but are being treated to a healthy serving of the tricky three's. I love her and all but sometimes I get so frustrated with her. 

Since my head was going to hurt no matter where we were I decided we needed to get out of the house. That's my newish coping mechanism for bad days- leave the house. Even if she's not too interested in what we're doing we have new scenery and it does us both good. That she's secured in her car seat is a bonus. 

Some people are complaining about this unusually warm weather but I love it. Half of our summer was rainy and wet so I feel like we missed out. I love a good Indian summer. It was plenty warm enough for water so we went to the creek. (We went to Dunkin Donuts first because priorities.) 
Dr. Sesame said she wanted to be a "water dentist'' for the fish. It's clear she watches Doc McStuffins every day. "I fink he has broken fishtail-itis."
We both felt so much better after our outing.

This morning I signed AB up for a second morning at MDO. I felt so bad about it I got a stomach ache. I know she likes the kids and it's good for her, but pretty soon she'll be 7 and we won't be able to have our lazy mornings where we do whatever we want every day. I do get frustrated 148 times a week but I like having her around. I felt the exact same when we first signed her up last year and now I L-O-V-E Tuesday mornings alone. I dream about it all week. In a complete 180* to yesterday when I would have paid anyone to take her off my hands, I wrote a check to the school for just that reason and felt bad about it. We spend literally 162 hours a week together. There are 168 in a week so we're together A LOT. We'll both survive 6 hours of separation. My life is an emotional train wreck roller coaster. Be thankful you're not in my head! 
All that being said, don't think I haven't planned out what I'll do with another free morning. Think of all the naps I catch up on! Think of all the quiet trips down the aisle of the grocery store. Think of all the walls I could stare at in peace. Maybe I should sign her up for every day. 

1 comment:

Marie said...

Sorry to hear that you were not feeling good. Hope today is a better day. Sometimes getting out of the house and just getting some fresh air helps.