Monday, November 20, 2017

Sesame's Suite, 2.0

Almost 4 years ago I posted about our elephant/rabbit nursery. I thought it was time to do an updated tour of Sesame's room. It's generally not as clean as shown here. On any given day there are stuffed animals covering the chair and bed, lonely socks being used as bandaids for said animals and several books strewn about.  

When we moved in the walls were a gross green. It had previously been pink but Mr. Jim thought prospective tenants wouldn't want a pink room so he painted over it. He had no idea I was coming his way with everything pink and girly. 

We still sit in the same rocking chair each night. It's getting creaky and the cushions are getting flat but we've had some good cuddles in it.
I haven't changed out the elephant and bunny watercolor prints she had in her first nursery. I'm planning a bird theme room for her next room and will leave the elephants up until then. I'll never get rid of them. They'll probably go to college with us when we share a dorm. 
This is one of my favorite views in the house. This picture doesn't do it justice but it makes me so happy. I love all the necklaces, bows and seeing the tiny dress she wore home from the hospital through the closet door. 
Mr. Lion's cardboard box and fabric scrap bed was not in the original design plan. He migrated there after being evicted from the crib. Also on the shelf are the turtle bank we painted when I was pregnant, a silver cup Christopher's unit gave as a baby gift and our four tiaras and crowns.
I painted this bench on our last summer in Clarksville. It took several months longer than it should have but I'm pleased with the outcome. 
Sesame has recently started adding her own decor to the room. We got these three candles in Massachusetts and she said they were "perfect" for her shelf. A is for Annabelle was a gift from Aunt Stephanie and it's so sweet.
The green drawers house diapers (I don't want to talk about that), books, books and more books. 
We're going through a bow drought. Any help in the form of new designs and/or colors would be greatly appreciated.
Aunt Michelle made this sign for us. I told AB that her friend Gracie's mom gave it to her and she said, "Do I like her?" I don't know if she was talking about Michelle or Gracie but either way that question means we definitely need to visit them again!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That embroidery is even jankier than I remember, but I love that it’s in her room! Annabelle’s room is the cutest ever and even better in person.