Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Currently- the beginning of the year edition

Reading: Sisters First. It's the first of several books I got for Christmas. As mentioned an endless number of times, I am a fan of the Bush family so I enjoy a new perspective and reading stories I haven't heard before.

Excited about: the snow storm that supposed to hit tonight. I love sitting inside in comfy clothes watching the snow fall. It's perfect hot chocolate weather.

Not excited about: -5 degrees on Saturday morning.

Sewing: little fabric birds for Annabelle's new bedroom. It's hard being in Massachusetts and not setting up my new home yet but I'm doing what I can from here. Yesterday we glued fabric to thin cardboard then I cut the out in bird shapes. 

Watching: Fly Boys. We tried watching a girly movie but it wasn't working so we switched. Not that I mind. I enjoy any movie from this time period/most movies about soldiers.

Teaching: Sesame how to cook. I taught her how to peel carrots and she did 10 by herself. After that we zested a lemon. She's Julia Child Jr.
It's about time she earns her keep around here!

Playing: rummy with Grandma. I played with her growing up but starting when Grandpa died we played together every week. Every time I come home we play several games. Today AB was watching me play and wanted to help. We had 3 generations playing and it made me so happy. She asked me to teach her how to "shnuffle the cards." Her lingo needs some improvement but I love her enthusiasm.

Baking: rosemary butter cookies. I haven't made them yet but I tried them at Daniel's and they were delicious. My goal for the year is to eat more cookies so I'd better get cracking!

3 comments:

Laura Darling said...

Oh yum rosemary butter cookies sound delicious!

Jen said...

We are dealing with negative temperatures too! Definitely not my favorite thing.

rooth said...

Now I want those cookies!