Wednesday, March 28, 2018

four.

My favorite child turned 4 today.

It was a busy year for Sesame Pie. She started going to MDO for two mornings a week. She visited urgent care after spraying bleach in her face and swallowing a quarter. She got a bead stuck in her nose. She visited Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Texas, Arkansas and several east coast states between New York and Georgia. 

She loves food, staying in hotels, watching shows and eating snacks. She loves making up games and correcting us when we don't follow the rules she's always changing. She never turns down a chance to go swimming, eat chocolate or have a dance party. Several times a week we dance to songs from The Greatest Showman. Every day she plans a birthday party for one of her friends. She loves a good time.


She's done very well with our recent move. She's mentioned her old friends a few times but overall she's adjusted very well. She has mentioned several times how she wishes Old Mr. Jim could come visit. Today she reminded me how he would share his lunch from McDonalds with her.

Her favorite shows right now are Creative Galaxy, Boz the Bear, Veggie Tales and Sarah & Duck. She listens to "sweet music" while she goes to sleep. For a while it was hymns but the last few weeks it's been a Bing Crosby Christmas cd every single night.
She still has her imaginary friend family of Goldbug, Garby, Carla 
and Azelia. Each one has a unique personality. Their lives get more complicated by the day and sometimes she'll ask me to make baby Azelia stop crying. 
Sometimes I get tired of being her primary caregiver but (generally) I like spending every day with her. She's still my favorite girl and I think I'll keep her around for a few more years.




4 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Annabelle!!! :)

Jen said...

I can't believe she is 4! I hope she had a wonderful birthday! :)

Meg Taylor said...

How is sweet baby Sesame 4 years old?!? Oh my gosh, she looks so much like her mama, and I love her imaginary friends - adorable!

Meg, Borrowed Heaven

rooth said...

Big happy birthday to her!