Monday, March 26, 2018

school time with Sesame Pie

Hello.

How was your weekend?


I walked around town without know that the camisole I wore to cover my bra had slipped down and the entire front right of my bra was hanging out.


I also learned the reason our clothes hadn't been getting clean in the laundry. I washed the same clothes multiple times, but the stains wouldn't come out. I thought we needed a new washing machine. Turns out I had been using fabric softener instead of laundry detergent. The bottle of softener was in the same spot I keep the detergent and I didn't bother reading the label.

I bought a 62'' plastic pool from Toys R Us. As I carried it across the parking lot, the wind caught the pool and jerked and pulled me around in front of all the cars. I could barely keep ahold of it. I must have looked like a drunk woman.

I hope you feel better about yourself now.


Despite the issues I have navigating life, I've decided it's time to get a little more in-depth with AB's education. We read a book about France and found a picture of Monet's waterlilies.  I got out the paint and had her copy one of the paintings. If you're thinking that was a brilliant idea, I agree. If you're thinking painting a masterpiece sounds like a good way to use to the endless hours of the day, once again I'd agree. We have a long history of his paintings
in our house so it seemed fitting to pass it on to this new and impressionable generation.
She calls the original artist Moooooee-naaaaay.

Original artwork by Sesame Monet

The next morning she told Christopher she didn't like Jackson Pollock's art. She and I hadn't discussed JP so I was impressed with her knowledge. I'd like to thank Creative Galaxy and Amazon Prime for teaching her about art while I lie on the bed resting make soap from scratch and sew quilts. For the record, I agree with her. I think Jackson Pollock is given too much credit. A two-year-old can throw paint against a canvas.


"Ok, Mom. I wrote a list of safety things to keep us safe when we go on a trip that we need to be safe."
Physical education for the day. Does rain count as her shower for the day?



1 comment:

Jen said...

I love this!!! :) She seems to enjoy learning.