Saturday, April 21, 2018

i could think of a good title if my brain wasn't fried from all the talking

I'm coming to you live from my couch. I normally blog from my couch so this is nothing new, but the point is I'm not in Houston at Barbara Bush's funeral. I discussed attending it but you know, I have a child and no babysitter. Little details like that. I am wearing my pearls in her honor. I've received no less than 5 calls and texts of people expressing their sympathy. My love of Barbara was widely known and I wish her family the best.


I may have mentioned it once or seventy-three million times before, but my sweet child never.stops.talking. She came up from under water at swimming lessons and started talking before her head was fully out of the water. 

I don't know who she gets it from.

Actually, I do. Her father is the same way.

Every day we have a version of this conversation.

"Mama, can I habe a snack?"
"Sure. What do you want?"
"Anything you can find is good."
"Raisins?"
"No."
"Apples and peanut butter?"
"Nope."
"Cheese stick?"
"Hhmmm. I don't think so."
"What do you want???"
"Do you have anything else?"
"Whale crackers?"
"No."
                            

We skipped right over the terrible two stage of crying at every little thing but it's hit us full force in the last few weeks. Sesame cried because the electricity went out. She cried because the clothes she made dirty were being washed. She cried when the water was going down the drain. She cried because I said she was too big for something. "I'm still a widdle kiiiiiiiiiid." It's been a real joy.

Wednesday I took her to the doctor for what seems like the 80th time since we moved here. I actually apologized to the doctor for taking up more of his time. They put us in the Frozen room and I got very excited and said they must know she loves Frozen. She said, "I doubt it. They didn't ask me if I like Frozen so I think they just wanted to put me here because it was open." The magic of these things is supposed to last for years! 

Playing school has become a very close second to playing birthday party. We still play birthday party every single day (imagine the excitement of realizing the Beanie Baby's birthday is April 16th ON April 16th!) but school has started to take over. We had to take 7 of her students to get the mail the other day. AB gave up halfway to the mailbox and sat down on the grass. I kept walking with the other friends. When the man removing the pile of branches from the yard waved at us, I waved back with Polar Bear's arm. Nothing to see here! Just a grown woman walking around her yard holding stuffed animals. 

At least she still wants to wear matching clothes. I'll make her do this until we're both old and gray.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Gracie is every bit as talkative, and I don't know where she gets it because James and I are not! Unless I'm with you, of course! Gracie also loves to play birthday party. We have got to get these girls together again.

Jen said...

I am loving the matching outfits, definitely a win!

rooth said...

I <3 those matching NASA shirts - you guys are both too cute