Monday, May 21, 2018

I promise I will not discuss the royals again for at least two weeks

The other day I said to Christopher, "I'm going to say something you don't care about at all." He replied, "Is it about the royals?"

Yes. Yes, it is.

This is been our marriage for the last several months:

Christopher: "Trump fired so and so and is looking for a replacement. North and South Korea had a discussion about the missile crisis. The economic structure of Botswana is in danger. The new ebola quarantine is not yet proven to be effective."

Sarah: "Do you think Kate pronounces the new baby's name as Louis or Louie? Who do you think will walk Meghs down the aisle? Why did we move to Georiga instead of London? Did you see Jenna Bush Hager's interview with Joanna Gaines? Do you want to make spinach artichoke dip this weekend?"

Our interests could not be more different.

I've spent the last few days recovering from and discussing the details of the Harry and Megh's wedding. I KNOW that's all I've talked about lately but it was a big occasion for me. I thought I needed to wake up at 4am to watch and I was prepared to set my alarm for 3:58. I considered sleeping in the living room so I wouldn't have to walk anywhere. I can't wake up early to exercise but I'll wake up early to watch people I've never met get married in another country. Thankfully my research revealed that I didn't have to wake up until closer to 6. It was still too early but I took one for the team.

Princess Sarah of Living Room, Couch and Pillows. Dutchesses of Snacks and Tea. 
Dutchess Annabelle of Sesameville and Honorary Drinker of Milk

The event did not disappoint. I love fancy. The more pomp and circumstance the better. All the silk and lace, flags and carriages made me so happy. Annabelle was enthralled too which made me very proud. She woke up right after the ceremony ended and was disappointed to miss the "churchy part." She loved the procession and spent the day turning all her toys into carriages and waving to the people. She needs the practice before her wedding to George.

After the wedding, we did a return at TJ Maxx, signed up for the summer reading program at the library and bought a plant for Benjamin "Little Blue" Harrison's tank. In short, I was reminded that I am simply a commoner. To be honest, I like my life as a commoner, fake crowns and all.

But if anyone wants to send me a real crown I won't turn it down.

2 comments:

rooth said...

That's adorable that you both watched it together :) Hopefully you prepared some snacks to accompany that early morning event!

Jen said...

Hahaha I love what you said to him!!! Kyle is working with a lot of British soldiers right now and all of them are fielding questions about the wedding. Haha.