Friday, May 18, 2018

Maybe we should rename the fish prince philip

Lately I've turned into a once a week blogger and it's not how I like to operate. I've had nothing interesting to blog about but yesterday I added a new member to our family and that seems worth mentioning.

We got a llama.


Just kidding. It's a fish but I wish it was a llama.


If was a very spur of the moment purchase. Generally, I wouldn't suggest adopting something that requires care as a spur of the moment purchase but a fish is a fish. It doesn't require potty training or make a mess painting. We've been wanting to get a new fish since our dearly beloved Millard T. Fillmore swam to his watery grave in December. For two years he survived multiple weeks of us going on vacation and not finding him a fish sitter. He survived half the bottle of fish food being poured on his head. He survived a little boy dropping a toy car into his tank. As soon as he heard we had to move he gave up on life. He died the night before he and Christopher were to begin the drive to our home. 


(AB just licked the handle on the refrigerator door. I told her to wipe it off and she licked her hand and wiped the door. I meant with a towel, not an equally dirty hand.) 


Yesterday we went to Target which took us three times longer than necessary because Annabelle stopped and talked to every mannequin. After that, we swung by the Hob Lob (Hobby Lobby) which happened to be near Pet Smart. We'd had a rough morning so I thought a fish would perk us up. When we bought Filmore AB was more interested in the dog toys than the fish so I choose him. Yesterday was a different story. She wanted to buy all the little decorations to put in the tank. She wanted a castle bigger than the bowl we were getting. When it came to choosing a fish, she said, "Oh, hi little guy! You're so cuuuuuuute!" to them all. She wanted a goldfish. She wanted a neon fish. She thought we should get a cat bed even though we don't have a cat. We finally settled on a red fish.

I'd like to introduce Benjamin "Little Blue" Harrison. He has the tiniest blue spot near his tail but Sesame zeroed in on it and wanted it included in his name.
He survived his first night in his new home swimmingly.


As for the rest of today, I'm in full preparation mode for the royal wedding in the morning. I will be watching alone but that does not dampen my enthusiasm. Lemon muffins in honor of their lemon lavender cake will be made. My crown will be polished and ready. I am 1000% ready to see my favorite royal, Princess Charlotte, walk down the aisle. For someone who has a history of only being partially on the Meghan & Harry train, I am fully onboard for this day of festivities. Good times are about to be had and I am here for it all.

Real life update- Annabelle just asked me to "make my jeans into paper." 

My actual life is not as glamorous as my imaginary Princess Sarah life. 

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! Welcome home!

rooth said...

Congrats on the newest member of the family! Those little guys are more resilient than you think, my roommate had one that almost lasted her entire college career