Tuesday, May 29, 2018

I'm a year out from 30 and my midlife crisis is in full swing

 We took a little family trip for the long weekend/my birthday. Whenever we travel it's always to see family which is great, but it means we seldom get to go anywhere just the three of us. We booked an airbnb in Macon, found a few things to do and away we went. 

Our first stop was touring a Civil War home. I had doubts about AB's ability to stay with the group and not break a vase from 1826, but she did well until the end. When the tour guide asked if anyone had any questions, she said "NO." 
Our little apartment was so perfect for the weekend. We had a kitchen, living room, extra room for AB to sleep and little brick porch to read and play on. I didn't realize how loud Annabelle walks until she spent the weekend running across the wood floors and not caring one bit that someone was below us. If we had a dollar for every time we told her to be quiet we'd have enough for another vacation.

 Annabelle unpacked her unicorn luggage and put all her treasured belongings on the shelf. She gave me several tours. "Here's my game and my bows because I know you like me to bring them whenever I go somewhere. My water bottle and my game and my sunhat and my pajamas and my foam. That's all. All my other things are in my writing desk." 
On Sunday we did a little church at home then went to a water park. AB and I had never been to a water park before but we loved it. It wasn't a big place but it was perfect for us. 
We went in the lazy river, the wave pool and were playing in the splash pad area when Christopher told me I had a hole in the bottom of my bathing suit. He said it wasn't that big but of course, I immediately went into survival mode. I didn't have my emergency sewing kit or shorts to put on over my suit. I could tell the hole was getting bigger but I didn't want to spoil our fun on account of my old maternity bathing suit falling apart. I suggested one last trip around the lazy river. My butt would be facing the bottom of the pool and I thought I could rearrange my suit so no one would see a thing. I was wrong. Christopher and Sesame were in front of me and Christopher told me the hole, and my rear end, were visible. I had floated past multiple children and lifeguards. Christopher said it wasn't that bad but ANYTHING SHOWING IS NOT GOOD. It wasn't his backside flashing the whole place! I wormed my way out of the tube, threw on a towel and slunk out of the park. By that time the hole was roughly the size of an apple. I was so embarrassed. I can never go back.

We spent my birthday doing a little shopping. We are severely lacking in good stores in the hillbilly heaven where we live so shopping in real stores was a treat. Sesame Pie and I wore our matching outfits. We were shopping at Children's Place and she saw green shorts that match mine. She was so insistent we get them for our "matching Mommy Sesame dates together." I never say no to a matching outfit. 
Christopher and Annabelle gave me such a nice birthday. They made me my favorite cake, Annabelle drew me an endless number of pictures and they gave me sweet gifts. One of the gifts was an interlocking mother/daughter heart necklace. They picked it out so we'll always have something matching to wear. 

1 comment:

rooth said...

You guys always have such cute matching outfits. Happy belated birthday - bathing suit holes be damned!